Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Break From Yoga & myyogaonline.com

For the past 2 months I have been banned from yoga. After semi-ignoring a growing pain in my upper back and right shoulder I finally caved and went to a doctor. Apparently I have a displaced rib (which David refers to as my "mutant rib") caused by poor posture. Imagine! The Living Room Yogi with poor posture! It seems a lot of women tend to hunch forward just slightly. I'm blaming it on The Girls.

So after a few weeks of therapy I finally got the okay on going back to yoga--most notably Downward Facing Dog. Hooray! Having a break from yoga has really brought my appreciation and passion for it into high gear.

And now I want to share possibly the best thing that has ever happened to my yoga practice. It is called MY YOGA ONLINE and can be found at www.myyogaonline.com. For less than $10 a month I get access to a huge selection of online yoga classes, pilates classes, meditations and short videos on health, yoga, etc. Since I started using this 2 months ago I have used it at least once a day and oftentimes more.

Try the Yoga Nidra meditation videos. I also love the relaxing yoga sequences as well as the intro to pilates. If you don't like it you can cancel at any time. It is SO affordable--think, a month of access costs less than 1 yoga class or 1 yoga DVD.

Hooray for the modernization of yoga! I'm all for anything that makes yoga more accessible, affordable and easy. We all need it.

3 comments:

  1. myyogaonline link doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I just fixed the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may just have to get into yoga! Where do you teach? I am too scared to go somewhere by myself! Where would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete