Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where to Find FREE Online Yoga



Yoga is about being in the moment, so it makes sense that yoga is being shared in ways that reflect how we live today. It's my personal feeling that nothing can replace a good teacher, but I am a big fan of online yoga classes, particularly free online classes.

My husband and I are living in a fairly small 4-plex, so I staked out our dining room space as my yoga room (we eat off our coffee table). All I need for my online classes is my mat and my lap-top.

Here are the best sites I've found that feature wonderful, free yoga classes:

#1
www.yogajournal.com
Yoga Journal--Your online yoga retreat.
Check out The Yoga Practice Show featuring Jason Crandell's 20 minute yoga sessions. You can choose which area/aspect you want to work on. Some days I practice 2 or 3 of these sessions to make a fuller class, other days 20 minutes is plenty! Try Episode #11 "Energizing Sequence", you'll love it!

#2
www.yogatoday.com
Yoga Today--Free Yoga Delivered Daily.
This website features daily yoga classes with an incredible group of teachers. You are able to choose your level and what you would like to focus on in your session. Classes generally run from 50-60 min. You'll get very specific instructions and a full, satisfying class. The teachers tend to lean towards the Anusara method--so lots of good instructions on alignment and linking mind with body.

#3
www.yogatothepeople.com
Yoga to the People.
In true yogi fashion, this unique yoga studio offers classes online. Classes can be listened to on by ipod, itunes, portable mp3 player, or the computer.

Give one of these websites a try on a day when you're too rushed, too tired, or too poor :) to go to a yoga class.

Does anyone know about any other online classes? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment