Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's All Yoga


Hello everyone, or should I say, hello great universe of blog-land.

Today at work I had an idea, what if I started a blog focused on bringing yoga into your every-day lives? Why not make it accesible and close to home, say, in your own living room?

Yoga has become a trend, the "it" thing for celebrities and posh mom-types alike. So what if you don't have access to a state of the art "yoga room"? What if you don't have the time or the money for studio classes? What if you find those classes intimidating or even disturbing (think Loud Breather in ridiculously tight shorts on the mat next to you)?

Here's the answer.

I am a Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Instructor and a devoted living room yogi, and I'm ready to show you the ropes!

I have dragged couches and tables out of my way to make room for mats. I learned to do a headstand propped up next to my coffee table. I've done yoga in jeans, sweats, underwear and pajamas. And I discovered something--

it's ALL yoga.

Every last un-glamourous bit of it. And it has made my life fabulous.

So I'm here to point you in some general directions. Maybe you're a seasoned yogi looking for a way to incorporate more yoga into your everyday life. Maybe you're a novice looking for some unintimidating advice. Maybe you stumbled here on accident, but could use some help with stress management (don't we all?), and maybe (and I'm being totally honest here), you are my mom or my husband and you're reading this because you like to support me.

Whatever brought you here, welcome!

This blog will be updated weekly or bi-weekly, I hope to see you again.


YOGI JENNA

2 comments:

  1. Jenna-I just saw your blog from facebook. I was VERY excited. I LOVE yoga, but still don't know much about it. I had just started doing it more before I got pregnant (last summer). I wanted to continue throughout this pregnancy, but was too sick in the beginning to do it, or any other workouts. I am very excited to start up again once this baby is born (hopefully we are just about a month away). I am definately going to watch your blog so you can teach me! Thanks for sharing the free online classes. I have been on some of those websites, but didn't notice the free classes! I will be searching them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very proud mom, indeed. Loving all your blogging. I think I need some privates.

    ReplyDelete